Robert K. McNamara
Meeting Minutes of 11-18-13,
In attendance: Mayor Ostrander, Trustee Woodhouse, Treen, McNamara and Campbell, CEO Brown, SPW Bechy , T/C Knoeller, VA Getman, VJ McNamara
Public: P Louise, R Bishton, M Leland
2. Approve November 4, 2013 regular meeting minutes, M McNamara, 2nd Woodhouse, carried.
3. Approve abstract #11-18-13 , M Treen, 2nd McNamara, carried.
4. Approved purchase orders, M McNamara, 2nd Campbell, carried.
5. Old Business – T McNamara suggested only having 2 concerts in the summer, one in July and one in August. M Ostrander asked T Campbell to please check on the grant and see what the Village was eligible to purchase with the Villages portion of the grant.
6. Public Participation – Rob Bishton came to say he was disappointed on how the Village handled his offer for the 54 acre parcel on Upper White Street that the Village is selling. He was disappointed also that we did not accept his offer of $30,000 and thought that amount should have been kept confidential.
Meredith Leland came as a representative for Waterville First, she gave the details of the new indoor market that will be taking place in bank building on the corner of White Street and Main Street. They anticipate 15-20 vendors. The market will be open on Thursdays from 2-6pm starting December 6, 2013.
7. Department Heads - Village Justice presented his financial records to the board for their review. He also questioned the board if they were aware of a group called Sovereign Citizens. T McNamara commented he believed they were the KKK. VJ McNamara continued to explain some of the actions of the Sovereign Citizens and inquired to be sure he was bonded as it could be extremely costly for the Village should a situation with this group arise.
CEO Brown gave a brief review of what was going on in the Village and told the board he believes there is now grant money available for the exhaust system at the fire house. M Ostrander asked him to have Mike Roys check into.
VA Getman said he had talked with Idzi Surveying about surveying the property on Putman St. M Ostrander stated we should disclose that property has a 4” fire alarm water line on it.
DPW Bechy / TC Knoeller had nothing at this time.
8. Trustee - Woodhouse asked if we should be auditing the books for the firehouse. VA Getman said Waterville Fire Dept INC., should have their own audit system for their financials and is not a concern for the Village, however the Village should have / do an audit of the equipment possessed by the fire department. Mayor Ostrander asked Knoeller to check with John Wright, fire chief to ask to have a complete equipment audit done. Treen presented the board with new contract for ambulance services for 2014. Mayor Ostrander asked Treen if he had been to a SWOCO meeting recently. Treen said he had not been contacted with meeting dates. Treen said he would find out when the next one is.
McNamara and Campbell had nothing at this time.
9. Mayor Ostrander - Questioned the board if they would be willing to alter the way the Village pays for retiree health insurance. A retiree had questioned Ostrander if the Village would be willing to pay co-pays or deductibles up to the yearly allotted dollar amount if the retiree purchases a less expensive policy. The board unanimously agreed not to change the procedure. The retiree can purchase whatever insurance they choose and the Village will pay the premium up to their allotted amount but no deductibles or co-pays. Ostrander asked Knoeller to please contact the retiree and let them know the decision. Ostrander requested an executive session to discuss personnel.
Campbell made a motion to move to executive session at 8:46pm, 2nd by Woodhouse, carried.
8:55 pm Treen made the motion to leave executive session, 2nd by Campbell, carried.
8:56 pm Treen made a motion to end the regular meeting, 2nd by Campbell, carried.