Robert K. McNamara
Meeting Minutes of 6-17-13,
Approved: July 1, 2013
In attendance: Mayor Ostrander, Trustees Treen, McNamara and
Campbell (arrived at 7:15pm). CEO Brown, T/C Knoeller, VA Getman
, FC Wright
Public: S Sambora, P Louise, C&J Stephenson, B&C Supinski, M Sanderson, H Goedecker
1. Mayor Ostrander called meeting to order at 7pm with the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Approved the minutes of the June 3, 2013, M McNamara, 2nd Treen, carried.
3. 7:02pm, opened the public hearing for Combined Utility Billing changes. M Sanderson asked the board to reconsider the changes in the billing due to the senior citizens getting paid at the beginning of the month. C Stephenson brought to the attention of the audience that not all senior citizens get paid on the same day therefore making the point not valid. M Sanderson made C/T Knoeller aware the legal ad in the paper concerning the ad read incorrectly. Knoeller acknowledged the ad needed to be correctly presented making this evening’s meeting not valid. The change in the law has been tabled until the next meeting July 1, 2013. Public Hearing closed at 7:23pm.
4. 7:24pm, Opened the Public Hearing for Flood Map Insurance Program, Getman gave a short explanation of the law, saying we first need to make a motion to accept the law and then forward it to the DEC for approval and then file it for the Village. There were no public comments or questions. M was made byTreen to accept the law, 2nd by McNamara, carried. Public Hearing closed 7:30pm.
5. Approve the abstract dated #6-17-13, M McNamara, 2nd Campbell, carried.
6. Approved Purchase Orders M by Campbell, 2nd by Ostrander, carried.
7. Old Business - Treen asked the mayor what was going on with the dog control officer. Ostrander said he had spoke with the Town of Sangerfield and was under the understanding that the Town of Marshall had hired a woman and the Town of Sangerfield had anticipated hiring the same woman. Ostrander asked Getman (who is also the Town’s lawyer) if she had any type of certification. Getman believed she did.
McNamara asked Knoeller if she had a description of a Village Historian, Knoeller told them yes there is a description on file in the Village Office.
8. Public Participation – None
9. Dept Heads, FC Wright asked said #429 was in need of brakes and asked permission to take it to Olmstead’s to be repaired. Wright also asked permission to take a truck to 3 more events, June 27, to West Winfield, July 13 to Floyd, which is also the convention and July 18, to the New Hartford truck show. M by Ostrander to allow to attend, 2nd by McNamara, carried. Wright informed the board the new fire squad /rescue vehicle has been delivered and is getting fitted for lights and lettering.
CEO gave his report and informed the board he had issued 5 building permits this month.
Knoeller / Getman had nothing to report.
10. Trustees – McNamara said he still has 3 open dates for concerts still for the summer concert series. C. Stephenson asked McNamara if he had ever looked for corporate sponsors for the concert series.
Treen asked if everything was going ok for Bechy with the streets. Ostrander informed him it was.
Campbell said he needed to set up another meeting with Rich Cunningham with the New York Main Street Grant committee, it was agreed that Wednesday, June 19 at 7:00pm would work for all committee members.
11. Mayor’s Report - On behalf of Bechy, Ostrander gave a quick overview of the new rigid plastics recycling program to begin next month.
Ostrander told the board he would like to revamp the Village dog ordinances and would prepare something for them to review over the summer and hopefully we would better control over the dog issues that keep coming up.
Ostrander asked if the board still wanted to gather for a workshop on the Employee Handbook, the board agreed Wednesday, June 26 at 7:00pm would work for them. Knoeller said she would put out public notification, McNamara said they could meet and then present it to the public. Knoeller informed him that could not be done, according to the Open Meetings Law, the public has to be informed and invited.
Ostrander told the board they had the bid openings for the dam decommissioning project on Thursday, June 13, 2013 and Zielinski had the lowest bid at $118,650 and asked if he could get a motion to approve Zielinski as the contractor to decommission the dam on the condition that Lamont engineering gives go ahead after checking Zielinski’s references. M by McNamara, 2nd by Treen, carried. Ostrander said he hoped work would start in August. Other bids for the project came as follows:
Guide Rails at $143,000
8:03pm McNamara made a motion to close the meeting 2nd
by Campbell, carried.